Thursday, February 10, 2005

NO People Pleaser

The MOST DIFFICULT thing to do is to PLEASE people who hate you – laong nila (people claimed).

It was Saturday (February 5 of 2005) and I was earnest to pay visit to somebody special to me. My heart was pounding fitfully in anticipation of seeing that somebody.

The feeling of excitement rushed more rapidly through my veins than I never had felt previously. Nearing their pad, I saw somebody who is so close to her. In a polite manner that I could muster, I asked him if the person I intend to see was there. I could not believe my ears when his words had conveyed a message so clear for my eardrum not to decipher.

In an instant, I found myself at the verge of cogitation. What have I done? Was my personal absence in the past days (weekends, to be precise) suggested a wrong perception that I was fooling around?

In the pessimist’s standpoint you apparently think, is he jealous of me? Am I not worthy accepting? Was I too much to deal with? Or am I a threat for their future?

Of course, I don’t concur with the pessimist’s position on the subject. Nor would the “the most difficult thing to do is to please people who hate you” thing is appropriate to put the situation in plain words.

That circumstance had refined my approach in life, instead. I came to realize, even it is true that it’s hard for people to readily accept us as we wanted them to do, that it’s not for the reason that they despise us. They have reasons that only them knew. We have to be aware of it and show them our respect.

Though it was hard on me to experience such circumstance knowing that I detest being an object of hate or misunderstanding (how should I put it?), I could not have any wits to complain.

Candidly, in this jiffy of time, I concerned myself by counting with my fingers the I-should-to-do-things ought to be done by me.

I am wishful that in someway and someday I would live a happy life with them. That I would be his bukang-bibig.

No comments: